Post by creepydefender on Mar 23, 2012 17:11:09 GMT 10
I hereby give notice that due to the unworkable weather conditions, the uncertainty of ground availability and player safety due to the inability to have crickets pitches covered with turf, Goal posts erected on sufficient number of parks and to allow clubs to train and coordinate their teams and players efficiently, the start of the season will be delayed until after the Easter Break, that is the weekend of 14 April 2012.
Please advise your members
Granville & Districts Soccer Football Association Inc.
....which would have been kind of hard to do since THEY DIDN"T KNOW WHICH FLAMIN FIELDS WERE AVAILABLE (if you are trying to cynically suggest the deferement is because the draw wasn't done). If that isn't why you have said it, I apologise, and will also state the obvious.
I am getting increasingly fed up with people looking for the worst reasons for decisions, and conspiracies. Most things are done exactly for the reason stated, the simplest reason. The Association has been here for many years, with the purpose of helping people have fun by playing football. Get over yourself.
(Gets off his soapbox, goes and has an aspirin and a cup of coffee....starts to feel better now he has finally got that off his chest)
Please, no more of that. It isn't done on here to have common sense.
It should also be noted that instructions from Granville do not permit matches to be played on uncovered cricket pitches. Whilst these instructions were laid done years ago, it was obviously done with this season in mind
Any opinions expressed here are mine alone and not necessarily indicative of any formal Referee's body unless otherwise stated.
KDSA have had 2 of their councils tell them they won't give them the grounds next week, and 3 that say they can have most of theirs ready. So they've decided to push the season start back to April 14 (instead of March 31), but on March 31 they are going to hold the first round of all their cup competitions on the available pitches. Then they are helping to co-ordinate trials for any teams who want them on whats left. Seems like a good solution, and would be really positive in terms of getting great competitions like Cottam Cup to actually happen.
A good call by Granville. Not only are the fields not ready but probably a lot clubs because of all the disruptions. The rain has stuffed the FC preparations for sure. From what I hear wIll be good once the season starts to have FC players visiting assn clubs to give the kids a bit of a thrill and encouragement.
Post by purebrilliance on Mar 25, 2012 15:24:33 GMT 10
does this mean that the whole season will get pushed back by 1 week or they will play a double header on the long weeknd or the spare weeknd that was meant to be for the wash outs is already taken up??
Let's hope we get more trials this weekend to keep the trend going, the KDSA will be having mid week games, Friday night games and also they will be having twilight games Saturday evenings, 5.00 p.m. games & 7.00 p.m. games, great idea to keep games going throughout the season.
Why couldn't we have the ladies games start on 1/4/12? Surly we can find four suitable grounds in the association that can have the ladies games on. With the amount of rain we will be getting and the fact that catching up ladies games has always been difficult (generally no Saturday games for ladies hence no double headers) it makes sense to get their games started ASAP. Starting on 1/4/12 would have meant an extra spare weekend for ladies.
This is a quote form the "2012 Season Structure" document published a while back: "Note: In the event that March 31st is not available for mixed competitions, all mixed games will be shifted back by 1 week. This will mean that the grand finals will be played on 15th and 16th of September and mother’s day Sunday will become an additional spare weekend for ladies games."